Saturday, April 16, 2011

Frankie Froba and his Back Room Boys

Since today is "Record Store Day" I thought I'd share my favorite record, in terms of art direction, that I own. I found this gem buried at the bottom of a mountain of unorganized records at the Dartmouth Flea Market last Spring. It comes with four 45's in printed brown paper sleeves all sitting inside a great little half inch box. I love everything about this package. From the characters to the design and typography to the artist's name and track titles ("I wonder who's kissing her now") and all the little details, like the hula dancer on the drum kit and the cigarette holder in the bass player's mouth. Even though I didn't get this one at a record store it always reminds me how much I enjoy records and going record hunting.





4 comments:

Bianca Beneduci said...

smashing!

Hobo Divine said...

Too cool!

Ron said...

Wow! That's so awesome!

TOMEK said...

TOP!!!
Love these printed brown paper sleeves.